From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular expression in case structure

Hi there you LabVIEW grooves!

I think it would be quite pleasant if a real RegExp could be written directly inside case structure's selectors, when using a string input.

For me that would save a great deal of coding, increase my code readability significantly, and in general - will finally encourage me to implement what I really intended in the first place rather than settling with what I can write in a reasonable time.

This can be extremely useful for decisions based on free-written input user data.

Hope to get a lobby on this one - maybe we can influence the next version!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,604 Views)
The right place would be to submit your request to the product suggestion center:

Good luck! 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,595 Views)
Nice Idea.  But I'm not sure you need to wait until the next version of Labview.   I believe this could be written as a VI.    Now you got me all cranked up thinking about this.  I won't get any sleep this weekend.   Thanks a heap! 🙂

eric
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,567 Views)
This is a feature I have wanted for a while without needing external vi.  I have been faking it out with using string ranges "AAA"..."AAZ" will work like the regular expression AA[A-Z]  works for very simple strings.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 4 of 4
(3,501 Views)