LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding simultaneous sampling rate

Hie I have a 4300 module in which simultaneous sampling rate is available.But I am unable to read different sampling rate for different channels.If i give different sampling rate for different channels it is taking last channel sampling rate for all the channels.Is there any solution(or any example programs) for different sampling rate for different channels for 4300 Daq. 

RAVITEJA S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,339 Views)

Hi ravi,

I have a 4300 module in which simultaneous sampling rate is available.

Can you provide a link to that module? (Edit: are you talking about this one?)

I guess it supports simultaneous sampling due to "one ADC per channel" - which is a completely different thing than "one sampling clock per channel"!

I also guess you can only apply one clock for all channels…

any solution … for different sampling rate for different channels

You might try the highest available (or resonable) sample clock for all channels and decimate each channel as needed…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,336 Views)

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375476c.pdf

It is a PxIe-4300 Analog input module. I don't want to decimate it we want to measure through hardware.

RAVITEJA S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,330 Views)

wrote:

Is there any solution(or any example programs) for different sampling rate for different channels for 4300 Daq.     

There is only 1 sample clock, so no.  The best option is to decimate, which is let the DAQ measure all of the channels at the highest rate and you just throw away the samples you do not want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,312 Views)