From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot only RT side on a 9038 cRIO

Is there a way to programmatically reboot the RT side ONLY on a cRIO 9038?

The 904x series has the FPGA Chassis I/O "Reset RT App" I would use. But the 9038 does not have this option.

Is there another way to get the RT side to reboot from the FPGA?

Or is there any RT Watchdog option that would reboot only the RT side in case of a RT crash?

The FPGA is running a process that should not be interrupted but if the RT side crashes I want to reboot the RT side so it can continue saving process data to file. 

Thank you for any advice here

Henrik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(688 Views)

Hi Henrik,

@henriksandin wrote:

Is there another way to get the RT side to reboot from the FPGA?

Or is there any RT Watchdog option that would reboot only the RT side in case of a RT crash?

The FPGA is running a process that should not be interrupted but if the RT side crashes I want to reboot the RT side so it can continue saving process data to file. 

You can use the RT-Watchdog functions to reboot the RT system on an app crash. (I use that feature also to issue a Reboot command from my PC host!) For my cRIO907x/906x targets (using LV2017) those Watchdog functions are part of the RT functions palette…

To avoid having the FPGA being resetted you need to avoid stopping and starting it in your RTEXE: usually when the RTEXE starts you connect to your FPGA by getting the reference to the bitfile. In these steps you have the choice to restart the FPGA or only to open the FPGA reference…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(653 Views)