Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time low pass filtering

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by Chowdhury_Milon

Hi Milon,

Would you please mention the missing 'InitArray functions'? 

That's not what I wrote.

I wrote:

one of those InitArray functions was missing its size input

Do you spot the difference in the sentences?

You need to wire all inputs of those two InitArray functions. I guess you are able to find them in your VI on your own…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 11 of 33
(1,854 Views)

Respected Mr. GerdW,

Greetings. Although this problem is solved, I have attached a filtered signal graph here (for the mentioned LabVIEW code). I recorded 14 seconds of data. Before and after every second, a fluctuation has observed. I think it occurs due to skid (not continuous) sampling of DAQ. Curious mind wants to know, can we omit/reduce this fluctuation?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(1,822 Views)

Hello,

Recently, I am working in signal processing in Labview 2017. I got different filters (Butterworth to Advanced FIR) in LabVIEW. But, I was searching for a Kalman filter. When I searched in Find examples, the CDEx Kalman Filter.vi and related Kalman filter.vis are disabled to open. I have attached that picture. I also searched about it in the discussion forum but most of the problems are unsolved. My question is:
1. Why the Kalman filter is disabled?
2. is there any specific 'vi' for Kalman filter (like Savitzky-Golay)?

Another relevant question, I observed a fluctuation before and after every second of recording during using the 'Savitzky-Golay.vi'.  I recorded 14 seconds of data and have attached the graphical picture here. I want to know, can I omit/reduce this fluctuation? 

Apologize for my poor English writing.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(1,795 Views)

Hi Milon,

1. Why the Kalman filter is disabled?

Did you read the cause in the upper right corner? Pretty good explanation…

I recorded 14 seconds of data and have attached the graphical picture here. I want to know, can I omit/reduce this fluctuation?

When you still use the same approach as before (you didn't attach any actual VI) then you are reading data for 1s and apply your filter on that interval of data. The next iteration you read the next block of data and apply the filter again. But your filter "starts" again with each data block, it doesn't "remember" its last state: so there might/will be some filter artefact at the start/end of each data block…

You need to apply your filter "continuously". Did you see the "init/cont" input at those filter functions (in the SignalProcessing palette)?

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 14 of 33
(1,792 Views)

Respected Mr. GerdW,

Thanks for instant reply. I read the note for "Kalman filter' but didn't find any specific toolkit for that. In my computer, NI-DAQmx drives, NI-VISA toolkit  are already installed. I would be grateful, if you mention any specific link for Kalman toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(1,781 Views)

Hi Milon,

do you even bother to read the messages shown to you?

Do you see this "Requirements" field in the lower right of your image?

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 16 of 33
(1,787 Views)

Respected Mr. GerdW,

Thanks for your explanation of my previous questions. I read all the dictates for the Kalman filter. In the right upper side, they mentioned a toolkit need to install. I searched "Kalman toolkit" but didn't find. Lower right side mentioned a link. I didn't found any toolkit or relevant options there (maybe my misunderstanding/ignorance). I never bother to read the instruction as I need to solve my problems. Now, it seems, you feel bored to answer. If so, I am SORRY for that.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,773 Views)

Hi Milon,

In the right upper side, they mentioned a toolkit need to install. I searched "Kalman toolkit" but didn't find.

That message only mentioned a missing toolkit. It didn't say you need some "Kalman toolkit"…

Lower right side mentioned a link. I didn't found any toolkit or relevant options there

You found the Control, Design and Simulation (CDS) module - as is mentioned in the example finder.

Guess why that example has a name starting with "CD…"

So when you really want to see that Kalman filter example you need to install the CDS module - as is clearly written in the "Requirements" box!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 18 of 33
(1,771 Views)

Respected Mr. GerdW,

I am still trying to solve the signal fluctuation. Although you explained that problem a nicely ( about "init/cont"), and I followed some examples, but couldn't solve that yet. I have attached the modified code here. Would you please check and give the suggestion for further steps...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(1,738 Views)

Hi Milon,

no problem on my side - after correctly wiring all those array functions (again!):

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 20 of 33
(1,724 Views)