LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time image processing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all. I want to do real time image processing of a particle from my high speed camera. I already run real time image processing from my laptop camera ,did i have modify my code or use another for real time particle tracking using high speed camera. Can anyone help me please or recommend any tutorial.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(948 Views)

Can you "see" your camera in MAX when it is plugged in?  How is it attached to your PC -- Ethernet, FireWire, or USB (and USB-2 or USB-3)?  Can you "Snap" a single Image (with MAX)?  Can you "Grab" a video?

If the answer to the last two questions is "No", then you may have problem.  Let us know ...

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 4
(912 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author G12X21444

Thanks a lot sir,

I solved my problem. I successfully connected high speed camera. Now i am adjusting the frame rate to get the required image, because my flow speed is very high. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(894 Views)

I had at least 5 years of LabVIEW experience (as well as rather more years experience with real-time data acquisition and control) before I was introduced to LabVIEW Vision by a colleague who requested my help in figuring out some of its intricacies.  After about another six months, we felt much more capable of doing the "details" that involve such things as figuring out how to set the Frame Rate for acquisition.

One of the things that makes LabVIEW Vision so tricky and difficult is that (almost) every Camera, even if it conforms to, say, the GenICam standards, is different, implements different "features".  I just learned a few days ago that a Logitech Web Cam that a Poster wanted to use at 1 Frame/second doesn't have a setting to specify the Frame Rate, so I suggested another solution.  As it happened, a few years ago I wrote a utility to tell me the Attributes of the Camera that IMAQdx can use.  I just tried it on the camera on this Laptop, and it also doesn't have a setting for Frame Rate.  Somewhere I have an Axis camera that uses TCP/IP and I recall setting the Frame Rate on it -- that's a slightly higher-end camera, but I don't have access to it at the moment.

What you really want to do is to get your Camera together with someone with enough experience with LabVIEW Vision to walk you through the steps of enumerating all of the Camera's Attributes.  If you want to try to do this yourself, the function you need to use (after opening an IMAQdx Session), is IMAQdx Enumerate Attributes.  This will return an Array of Clusters consisting of the following elements:

• Attribute Name -- a String of the form "AcquisitionAttribute::BitsPerPixel
  • Attribute Type -- an Enum, with the values U32, I64, Dbl, String, Enum, Bool, Command
  • Readable -- Boolean
  • Writeable -- Boolean

I have no idea what the name of the Attribute you need is called, and if it is Readable or Writeable.  You really need an Expert there to help you (or you could send her your camera, I suppose ...).

Bob Schor 

Message 4 of 4
(844 Views)