LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-time features not available

Good evening,

I was using labview 2009 with real-time target (CompactRIO), everthing was fine. However, when I am trying to connect the CompactRIO to and run the same VIs on another laptop with labview 2010 installed, I can not run my VIs on CompactRIO, and it shows that real-time features not available. 

I have tried to reinstall the real-time software but it did not work. The labview 2010 is professional version and I have attached the softwares for both the host computer and the cRIO, if anyone have any ideas of how to solve it please let me know.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,937 Views)

The version of LabVIEW on the cRIO needs to match the version of LabVIEW on the computer. You have LabVIEW 2009 on the cRIO, so you can run VIs on it from LabVIEW 2009. You cannot, however, run VIs on it in LabVIEW 2010. You cannot configure the cRIO for both versions of LabVIEW at the same time.

Also, do you have a license for the Real-Time Toolkit for LabVIEW 2010? If not, then you cannot run VIs from that version on your cRIO. If you do have the Real-Time Toolkit, then you need to install it on the computer. After it is installed on the computer, you can then install it on the cRIO using Measurement and Automation Explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,927 Views)

Hi nathand,

Thanks very much for the reply. But I am still a little confused.

Did you mean if I install the real-time toolkit for labview 2010 on the host computer and then install it to CRIO from MAX, I can run VIs on CRIO? or as you said in the first paragraph there is no way to run when the CRIO and host computer have two different version of Labviews?

So is there a way I can make both computer work with CRIO?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,908 Views)
If you install the 2010 RT toolkit on the computer that has LabVIEW 2010, and then install 2010 on the cRIO, you will be able to run VIs on it from the computer that has 2010, but you'll no longer be able to run VIs on it from the computer that has 2009 (unless you first install 2009 on the cRIO, which will remove 2010).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,901 Views)