LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time Tone Information from .wav files

Hello,

What I am attempting to do is to have the tone information (frequency, amplitude, and phase), display in real time as a .wav file is being played.

Attached is the vi I wrote.

The issue I have is that the array only displays 4 values. 

Thank you for the help.

maddog19_0-1573851964880.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,916 Views)

What is the nature of the sound you are trying to analyze?  It would be very helpful if you could attach a compressed (.zip) version of the Wav file.  A critical question is whether it is more-or-less "constant" (for example, 5 seconds of a sum of 6 sinusoids ranging from 500 Hz to 2 kHz) or wildly time-variant (such as speech).  Also, what experience do you have with sound analysis, spectral analysis, etc.?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,874 Views)

Thank you for the reply Bob.

Attached is an example of a sound that I am trying to get tone information of. 

Ideally, I would like to use a person's voice.

So the reason I want to do this is because I was able to record two analog MEMS microphones simultaneously (with no delay) on my computer using Adobe Audition and ASIO4ALL. (Since I could not find a way to do this in Labview).

I want to read the .wav files of each microphone and get the tone information in real time in order to calculate an angle of arrival.

So as the files are being played, I can see the tone information and angle of arrival of the sound wave at that instance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,813 Views)