From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading voltage quickly

Hey,

I am applying a voltage but it is taking a long time to read this voltage, is there a way of quickly getting the voltage reading or perhaps using less vi.s? I want to set a different voltage after each test step?? help please

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,974 Views)

What are you considering "a long time"?

What kind of power supply is this?  High current ones are just slow by nature due to all of the capacitance.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,968 Views)

For example I change the voltage 7 times with varying voltage each time i use a camera to see this voltage and say pass/fail send to database all within 40 seconds? Any helpful advice on what to do would be great!!

The power supply is TET www.tetelectronics.de

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,965 Views)

Ummm.... you use a camera to see this voltage? Really? The power supply has no means for you to read the voltage programmatically? You said you have a TET power supply, but all you provided was a link to the main site. They have dozens of products, and everything is in German. Which specific unit do you have?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,960 Views)

The voltage from the power supply is connected to a DUT which has an LCD display, the display is read with a camera and a decision is made whether the characters it reads is in tolerence then sent to database. The power supply is TET argos is

http://www.tet.de/argos.html the 1.0kW series.

I have limited experience with labview so im looking to get this one test block right and the rest of the project falls into place. At the moment I set the voltage through the configure vi, and the vi i provided takes along time to display the output voltage. Thanks a million

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,951 Views)

Again, what do you consider a "long time".  Being a 1kW supply, it will be slow to ramp up to voltage.  When dealing with an older Agilent power supply, we put in delays of 500ms to 1 second.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,946 Views)

When i run the vi i atttached its taking 30 seconds i would want to acquire the voltage and display it every 1 second. What do i do to modify my vi??

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,941 Views)

What part is taking 30 seconds?  The update rate from the while loop?  From the set to the first read?  From the set until the camera sees the right voltage?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,914 Views)

At the moment im not near the camera stage yet i am just trying to get my power supply to read from database and outout the voltage?Any advice helpful on this!!

I am just using the following vi. Running the DC output volts.vi is taking 30 seconds alone is there a way of just initializing the power supply and use a case structure to change the configuration at certain test steps? I dont need the configure OVP vi but i do the current limit. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,911 Views)

It may seem to be taking so long because of the while loop.  It will keep reading the OVP and output until the Stop Output button is pressed or there is an error.  Maybe you can remove this loop and just read once?

In the actual testing, you should only need to initialize and setup the OVP once at the beginning.  And you shouldn't need to close until the end.

I don't have the drivers, so I can't see what's in there.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,908 Views)