LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading .hpf file (LabVIEW 8.5)

I am trying to read an .hpf file and have LabVIEW 8.5 (from 2007). I wondering whether anyone has a vi (or libary ) that will read this file type? I am in the process of getting an updated copy of LabVIEW (so i can get the associated plug-in) but my colleagues and I are wanting to do some pilot analysis of some EMG signals relatively quickly (even if just to visualise the data initially).  

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,208 Views)

Hi Gus,

did you tried some converter like this?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 11
(4,207 Views)

Thanks for your post (GerdW). I guess we could do this (and that was put forward as an option in the meeting I had with the people I am working with) but we are ideally wanting to work with the raw .hpf file if humanly possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,204 Views)

Hi Gus,

then you would need a complete detailed description of that file format.

Do you have such information?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,202 Views)

Yep got it (See attached doc)... but quickly getting something together is highly desired in this case. I just finished another project working with a binary file format and it takes some time to write, then double check the routine etc etc. Hoe you see where I am coming from here. I am just trying to prevent re-inventing the wheel if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,198 Views)

I am thinking that the initial solution GerdW kindly forwarded  may have to be the way to go. These are useful URL's

http://www.delsys.com/knowledgecenter/nethelp/default.htm?turl=HTMLDocuments%2Fexamplematlabscript.h...

The question comes how to implement in LabVIEW. I found a vi from the site and then I get a little lost on what to put in the string to make in run under the dos environment (as per the Matlab sample). Anyone wiser than me on this?

Cheers,

Gus

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,169 Views)

Hi Gus,

in your link that DelSys FileConverter is called to create a CSV file.

Then you would use ReadSpreadsheetFile in LabVIEW to load that CSV file…

(No other matlab code needed!)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,167 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for this. I will try it with a very large file and see how I go. If/when I get it working shall post the answer.

Cheers,

Gus

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,145 Views)

Thanks for all previous replies on this query - to close the loop on this problem, I got hold of a vi that will solve the problem and I have attached it. But I need it to be readable in LabVIEW 8.5 - can anyone help?

Cheers,

Gus

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,121 Views)
At the top of the page is a link to the Version Conversion board. That is where you need to post your VI.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,083 Views)