LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading a sql server database

Hi Friends,

I am a new user of Labview..
I have a doubt, will it be possible to open a sql database and show it in a graph,and  the database is updated continously
and keep updating the graph with new data, jut like real time data viewing...from a data acquisation card...
kindly provide some guidelines to start the project....

Thanks and Regards
Rajasekar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,791 Views)
Hi Rajasekar

You can purchase the enterprise toolkit fron NI, it includes a "database connectivity toolkit".

As regards the design pattern to do you you describe, it will depends on the refresh rate you need and the rate at which you want to write your data to the database.
I would have 2 loops :
 - one acquiring the data and putting it in a queue,
 - and a second that get the data from the queue, logging data to database and refreshing the graph.

If the write time to database is too long and slows down the graph refresh you place it in another loop.

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,784 Views)
Hi Friend,

Thanks for ur reply,

Is there any other way other to achieve this task..like math script....by our own method..
since it is too costly for our application...that's why...

regards
rajasekar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,779 Views)
You can use LabSQL.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,771 Views)
Hi Friend,

Thanks for ur kindly help..
I was sick for last 1 week..I returned to office today only..I saw ur mail..and
I downloaded the LabSql software..
and I run the Examples...it fetches the Data from the Ms-Access database succesfully...

My Requirement is fetch the Database continously..since the Database gets modified instantly...
and show it on the graph....like real-time .

how to add graph tool to visulalize the data ..............?
Guide me to proceed further with this tool to achieve the task.....

Regards
Rajasekar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,736 Views)
You can select "Find Examples" from the help menu and search using "graph".  That will give you some ideas.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,731 Views)
Hello,
If you are new to LabVIEW, it might be advantageous to check out some free online tutorials that will get you up and running with key concepts and programming techniques. This LabVIEW Interactive Tutorial is one of my favorites. It will most certainly cover the topic of user interfaces (i.e. graphs), when to use them and how to find them.
Cheers,
Emilie Kopp | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,712 Views)