LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Data from a Power Supply module in MAX Software

Hello,

can someone help me with my Problem. I want to read voltage Data from a power supply module with the NI MAX Software. Is it in general possible and how can I do this?

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,591 Views)

Hi Markus,

two points:

- MAX is "just" a tool to configure and manage NI hardware.

- Usually simple power supplies don't provide any way to read their output values. Only "better" supplies allow that.

Which hardware do you use? Which driver do you use? How is the power supply connected to your computer?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,559 Views)

We have a Keyside in 6700B and modules with 8.00 V Output. The communication is GPIB. We want change the old modules and to localise the old module we need a tool to read the modules.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,517 Views)

@Markus_Kittelmann wrote:

We have a Keyside in 6700B and modules with 8.00 V Output. The communication is GPIB. We want change the old modules and to localise the old module we need a tool to read the modules.

Your post makes no sense.  What do you mean by "change the modules"?  Are you physically taking them out and replacing them?  Why?  Are they broken?  (It's hard to imagine them breaking.  The 6700B is a solid performer.)  What do you mean by"localise"?  Do you need to change the language or something?  And if you're going to read the voltage with something like NI-MAX, you may as well just read the front panel.  It's a lot easier.

And it's "Keysight", not "Keyside".

Your posts are a bit frightening.  Please read the manual carefully so you know how to operate and program the power supply and then post back so I know you've survived your encounter with the power supply.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,511 Views)

Luckily, the N6700 series uses standard SCPI commands but you have to add the module number.  Been too long since I wrote that code and I don't feel like digging into it at the moment, so I am not sure the exact syntax.  Find the Programmer's Manual for the mainframe and it will tell you everything you need to know.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,438 Views)

We have diffrent measurement systems. In everyone we use the power supply module. Some System using the "better" modules and some the older one. Now the question is can we read the modules of our different measurement system with a Software to find out which are new and which are old modules whitout remove the modules of the measurement system?

Thank you for you help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,417 Views)

Hi Markus,

read the programming manual to learn if and how you can read the modules serial number (or anything related)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,413 Views)

@Markus_Kittelmann wrote:

Now the question is can we read the modules of our different measurement system with a Software to find out which are new and which are old modules whitout remove the modules of the measurement system?

According to my Agilent N6700 Programmer's Reference (attached), you need to use the SYST:CHAN:MOD? command.  You can specify one or more channels to return the model numbers.  There are also commands to get the serial numbers and any installed options of the modules.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,410 Views)