From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading DAQmx Output

I currently have a system that is reading all values from my DAQmx Tasks and puts them in to an array, complete with values, configuration and some other attributes. This works absolutely fine for inputs, but I can't think of a method of doing this for outputs.

My issue is that where I write outputs is through labview modules in TestStand, so the DAQmx Write Vi is not actually in the same location that the task was started in, or where inputs are read (Nor do I explicitly know when or if a write command is going to happen). I was really hoping I would be able to "Read" output tasks to get the latest value written to the Vi. Unfortunately this doesn't seem possible and I get the error "There are no channels in this tasks that can be read" (or something to that affect).

Is there anything at all I can do here to read the buffer for the output?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,198 Views)

Not sure about the specifics in TestStand but it is possible to add an DAQmx-Read inside a Write-Task, i.e directly after an DAQmx-Write-VI.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,187 Views)

In order to do a DAQmx Write, you need to wire data of some sort into the "Data" input line.  If you want to know what the DAQmx Write is (supposed to be) sending out, why not capture this input and send it, via a Queue, a Global, a Channel Wire, to whereever you want to monitor it?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,131 Views)