LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read two lvm files with different length

I'm trying to read to same graph two different measurements with same starting point, starting point is OK.

But when the shorter file is coming to the end the VI stops with following message:

"Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  End of file encountered.
=========================
NI-488:  Invalid argument or arguments to function call."

How can I come over this and get both measurements into same graph in their full length with same starting point?

PS I have attached the VI file, a short and a long measurement file. Changed the file extension from LVM to TXT

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,693 Views)

Hi,

Apprently your LabVIEW is set with the option "enable automatic error handling", you can change this in tools >> options block diagram untick the option.

Doing this will only get ride of the dialog when the error occurs but not get read of the error.

So you are reading your files chunk by chunk in your while loop, so at some point you will get to the end of your files, when you do the VI you are using return an error 4 "end of file reached", from here you have different possibilities, if you want to be able to read files that have different length, here is a quick way to ignore the "end of file" error on both files independantly.

Clipboard01.png

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,678 Views)

Seems the same question here.   It would have been more friendly if you had continued your previous post and asked again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,676 Views)

Thank you TiTou,

It helps a bit!

Next problem, when one of the Case Structures changes the graph is cleared??

Anders

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,664 Views)

Indeed... silly me went a bit too fast, let me suggest this.

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,658 Views)

Thanks again TiTou,

I'm getting error -1820 out from both Append Signals, I can't figure out way!

Anders

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,635 Views)

GuenterMueller,

This is not the same problem as "Problem reading different LVM files". I don't have a solution for that yet, but I can work around it by first open an old LVM file and then afterwards open the wanted  file.

Anders

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,631 Views)