From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read memory inside a timed loop

Solved!
Go to solution

I’m sending data from host to target using a FIFO, and then I stock them in a memory, which I will need to read from each time I need my data, the problem is that it must to be inside a timed loop, but when I tried to read in that case I got an error as shown in the screenshot. I don’t understand the problem exactly nor how to fix it !!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(833 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author User_OP

Hi User_OP,

@User_OP wrote:

when I tried to read in that case I got an error as shown in the screenshot. I don’t understand the problem exactly nor how to fix it !!

Did you read (and try) the solution given in the error dialog "Details"?

Have you tried to wire the output of the ReadMemory operation to a shift registers instead of an indicator?

Btw. when you would use AutoCleanup then your VI would require just 1/3 of the screen instead of more than one FullHD screen…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(817 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author User_OP

You defined yourself, that you need 2 cycles before the data of a memory item becomes available:

JensG69_0-1623416966107.png

Use a shift register as Gerd suggested (but then with 2 cyles) or decrease the number of read cycles to 1.

For further details I suggest to have a look at the example

"Memory with Cycles of Read Latency.lvproj" from the NI Example Finder

Regards, Jens

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(799 Views)