LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read hex value from RS-232 ??

The hex string to number function works with normal hex string characters as input. If your string indicator is set to display hex, you are not seeing the real character string. The hex string function wants characters as an input, not a value. Turn your indicator to normal display and you will see what is being fed into the hex string to number function. I am sure that this is not what the function needs to see as an input. This function works for everyone else. There is nothing wrong with the function, the problem is with your input.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(597 Views)
Hey,

Thanks for your response, I Dennis's advice and it worked. The type cast did not give me correct results, when i sent a 0xff i could only display it using U32 which gave me ff000000. So I tried the String to byte array and it gave the correct output. Thanks everyone once again.

Gagan
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(771 Views)
"The type cast did not give me correct results, when i sent a 0xff i could only display it using U32"

To get the typecast result as U8, rightclick on the "0" on the block diagram and change its representation to U8. In your VI it's probably set as U32.
=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
Message 13 of 13
(750 Views)