LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read from spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution
Why don't you simply control the instrument from LabVIEW instead of the Keysight program? Or seems silly to read a csv file when you can get the data directly.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,483 Views)

RavensFan: would you be so kind as to attach the VI that is shown in the image you attached. I'm showing my ignorance here but I'm not familiar enough with LabView to know what exact parts you're using so I'm not sure that I can recreate it myself. What you've done is precisely what I'm looking for though.

Dennis: I've tried with great difficult to communicate directly with the datalogger but I've had no luck. There seems to be some VISA issue when trying to use the LAN facility on the unit and then the USB did not work either. I'm sure that it can be made work by someone with the correct knowledge and with a little bit of time but unfortunately I have neither of those things right now. That's why I'm using the horribly inelegant way to try and get the data out.

Barry

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,460 Views)

Ben, 

Thanks for the suggestion. If RavensFan's one doesn't work out I might try your solution too. As I said, what I've done is very bad programming but if it works then it will get me out of a bind. I can implement something more elegant in the future.

Barry

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,457 Views)

Maybe there is an option in the agilent bench logger software to change the encoding of the text file. Just wondering....

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,451 Views)

altenbach,

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to change the data type. All I can edit is the delimiter type to comma, tab or space. 

I've attached a file showing the Benchlink UI with the relevant page.

Barry

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,446 Views)

Have you tried the "options" button?

(There should be a choice between ASCII and unicode, see e.g. this FAQ entry)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,437 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barry675

Here it is in LabVIEW 13.

The only difference is the "Search and Replace String" function.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,433 Views)

altenbach,

I'm not seeing anything obvious that lets me switch to ASCII. See the attached screenshot for what's in the options menu. 

There isn't really a lot of other configurable menus that I can change.

I'm not sure exactly what that manual is referencing when they say you can choose between the two?

Barry

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,429 Views)

Sorry, it was just a wild guess. 😄

Maybe there is a keysight forum to ask about it?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,422 Views)

Ravensfan - your solution has worked and will do what I want.

Altenbach - I didn't think to try the Keysight forums but I definitely will check them out in future to try troubleshoot the direct communication issue that I was having.

Thank you all for the extremely speedy responses and help. You've gotten me out of a real bind!

Barry

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,415 Views)