LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read data from oscilloscope to computer via a RS232 cable

Hi everyone,

I am trying to read voltage values from an oscilloscope (ATTEN ADS1102C) to my PC via RS232-RS232 cable, and then use labview to process and save the data. I am wondering if someone has similar experience? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,986 Views)

Hello Max, 

I've no experience with that device but usually is not a very complicated Process. 

Are you that is possible to use the serial port to communicate with it? Sometimes the purpose of the connector can be firmware upgrade. If it's possible do you have a  manual to read about the protocol? 

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,920 Views)

There doesn't seems to be a programmer manual. You can contact the manufacturer to see if it actually exist or if you have their EasyScope utility installed use it with NI I/O Trace to capture the commands.

Ben64 

Message 3 of 5
(2,907 Views)

@ben64 wrote:

There doesn't seems to be a programmer manual. You can contact the manufacturer to see if it actually exist or if you have their EasyScope utility installed use it with NI I/O Trace to capture the commands.

Ben64 

I've never given much thought to reverse-engineering a communications protocol.  Very awesome.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,898 Views)

This driver pack might be interesting for you: http://sdaaubckp.sourceforge.net/attenload/

(Have not tried it, found in google)

(2,882 Views)