LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Thru Serial & Display Data On Time chart

Hi there, Good day! I have some problem of putting time chart into my serial read application. My intention is to read some data from RS232 and at the same time display on the time chart (real time or a slightly delay). Problem is the structure of my program don't allow me to apply that that easily. Maybe take a look of my program and give me some comments and tips of how to do it. The main program is Serial Read_R. I'm using LabVIEW7.1 Thank you in advance for the advice! Best Regards, Norman
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,511 Views)
I looked at your code, are you successfully reading data with this application? If so, where is this data going to your chart? All I see is a front panel control going to your chart, so I don't see how you intend to diplay the data your are collecting.

As far as the time inforation, do you want to diplay the time your instrument took this data or the time you're getting it into LabVIEW? Normallly you would be concerned with the timing of your instrument, so you should know what rate your instrument is collecting data, and what time your instrument started collecting data. That is all the information you need. Once you have your array of data in LabVIEW you can use a build waveform function to bring the data you collected and your timing data into your chart. For detailed information about build waveform look at the LabVIEW help. I hope this helps!
Nick R
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,487 Views)