cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read/Record in Access by Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi for all!

I'm new in Labview and I'm trying to make a program that records date/hours in MS Access. I started this project using Active X, but I'm half lost. I know that you have discussion on the same subject, but I use LabVIEW 8.0 and I can not open.

I open the database and i read what is in his columns, but I would like to add data (date / time) in a box (column) specifies (called "Registro") preferably record on the line where the "Codigo1" beat with the signal that entered.

The scheme is as follows: Get a sign in the form string in Labview, which instantly records the date / time that the signal was detected in a file .mdb, which in turn writes the same line where the string corresponds with the signal, in column "Registro".

Can someone help me?

Thanks, 

Patrícia

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,271 Views)

Rule 1: DO NOT UPLOAD BITMAPS TO THE FORUMS.

Rule 2: DO NOT CHANGE THE EXTENSIONS OF BITMAPS TO ".jpg", ".gif", OR ANYTHING ELSE TO GET AROUND THE BAN. THE BAN IS THERE FOR A REASON!!!

There, now, to your issue. You haven't shown any code. Are you using the Database Toolkit?

Message 2 of 5
(3,263 Views)

Sorry, i did not know.

I don't use, but I follow some examples that are in that forum, which is: Connectivity>> Active X

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,196 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrícia
You should really forget about any examples you found that use ActiveX and Access. This method is slow and requires Access to be installed. Either buy the database toolkit or download LabSQL. Both are based on ADO are much simpler (imho) to use than ActiveX. The NI toolkit is especially easy to use for those not familiar with databases and SQL.
Message 4 of 5
(3,189 Views)

Thank you very much!

😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,118 Views)