LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read File.vi returns LabVIEW Error 4

I am using Read File.vi in my Diagram in order to load a data file saved in my hard-drive, but LabVIEW is unable to do this and it returns error 4 out of the Read File.vi. Can anybody tell me what does this error mean and how could I find a solution??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,672 Views)
The easiest way to determine the meaning of an error returned by a VI is to input the error code into the Simple Error Handler VI, found in the Functions->Time & Dialog palette. Feeding in an error of "4" by hand and running the VI tells me that this is an "end of file" error, caused by either no data being in the file, or your read is reading all the way past your data and hitting the end of file.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,672 Views)
The easiest way to determine the meaning of an error returned by a VI is to input the error code into the Simple Error Handler VI, found in the Functions->Time & Dialog palette. Feeding in an error of "4" by hand and running the VI tells me that this is an "end of file" error, caused by either no data being in the file, or your read is reading all the way past your data and hitting the end of file.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,672 Views)
Thank you very much, Mark...but then, the wrong thing may be in the VI where I write data into the file. It could be that I don't get to save data correctly and so, nothing is saved and file is empty. Could you give me some idea of what could I be doing wrong?.... I'm quite new at LabVIEW)I'm trying to save different data types (arrays, double, cluster). Do I have to group the items of the same type together to save them?...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,671 Views)
Generally, it's easier if you do, but you don't have to. Can you post your writing VI on here? I might be able to take a look at it. I suspect that there isn't anything in the file. You should be able to look at the filesize and determine if there's anything in it.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,670 Views)
I have taken a look at the filesize and it is 2.81KB.
Now, I cannot post my VI because it seems there is something wrong with the 'Attach Files' option in the forum. I'll try again tomorrow.Thanks anyway!

Inma
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,670 Views)