LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaction test

Hello!
I'm beginner with LabView, and my english is a bit rusty, but i hope you still get the idea.

I'm trying to do some kind of reaction/speed test -game with LabView. Basic idea is to test player's reaction speed.

Something like: Lamp is on, and after random time (1-10sec.) it goes out, and timer starts. When player presses some button the timer stops.
Then the program tells player's reaction time. 

Has anyone done something like this? I would really appreciate some help!

Thank You
NyVI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,332 Views)

This is very easy and i don't think you will need help.

A small tip: you will need "<numeric>..rundom number"  function

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,310 Views)
Like Pnt said, it's easy. What problems do you run into? Do you want to use
real hardware to drive a lamp (and what kind of lamp)? Is the button a
keyboard button or an external digital input?

Regards,

Wiebe.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,298 Views)
Hi NyVI,

try this link to learn more about LabView...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,293 Views)
I have done similar things. What kind of hardware will you be using? That has a large influence on the way the program will be put together>

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,275 Views)

Hi Guys!

@ GerdW:

• We Tryed hard to do a reaction-game with external buttons. We get the signals from the DAQ 6008. but we didn't get it.

Maybe you could helb us.

We were so frustrated that we took your program and changed it, but the sample rate of the DAQ Assistant has to be much higher than it is right now. We tryed different positions of the DAQ-Ass. the sample rate is as long as the light is on.

I would be very thankfull for your help!!!!!!!

BenniB   

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,756 Views)

BenniB,

The USB-6008 may be part of your problem.  Its digital IO is software timed and the maximum data rate is about 150 Hz.  In addition you have the unknown and somewhat random OS latency to add to your woes.  

You should consider changing your program to a state machine.  I think you probably need only one loop and no global variables.

What happens if the button is pressed before the time delay? What happens if multiple buttons are pressed simultaneously?  If Level is set to zero, your time to wait becomes infinite!  Either do not allow zero for Level or do something about the result.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,735 Views)