From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: samples cdaq 9172

Hello sir,

Same problem with me. Missing samples.

I m using cDAQ 9172 and module 9219. I m measuring voltage in ch0 and ch1 and temperature from ch3. I need temperature and voltage readings for micro seconds for my sensor, so missing samples is not good for my project. For my vi, no.s of samples are 100k and sample rate is also 100k. Actually I need rate and samples in 1M, but as I increase no.s of samples, I miss readings for more than 15 seconds. Please help me as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,204 Views)

Hi Morya,

according to the datasheet of your NI9219 only supports upto 100S/s.

Use a different module when you need sample rates of 1MS/s!

And please create your own thread for your question instead of hijacking old threads…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,198 Views)

In NI 9219, I can set max 1.66 M samples and sample rate.

Sorry sir, but can u tell me how to start new thread.

I attached screenshot of my readings having no.s of samples and sample rate as 100k. But I miss samples after every 100k samples. Please check it.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,164 Views)

Hi Morya,

Please create a new thread as mentioned above.

Additionally, while you might be able to "sample" at 1.66M, the device is only really sampling at 100S/s, which means there are a lot of repeat samples you're acquiring. Additionally, it's quite difficult to determine what's wrong from a screenshot of a data file, please include your VI for future reference.

Alex
Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,153 Views)