LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virtual COM port I/O Error

Hi, I have created virtual paired COM ports since I want to show I can write to one com port and then read on another.  I believe i have everything setup correctly as I can use FoxTerm (terminal emulator) to write to one port and listen to another.  Everything works as expected.  However, I do the same in labview and labview can't even open the com port.  it give me the"VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error." 

Am I missing something here?  Any help would be great.  Here is my code for write and read. 

Rudy_01_0-1691694658473.png

Rudy_01_1-1691694677335.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(538 Views)

Start a new topic.  This one already has a solution and will just confuse users who read this topic later on.  You'd probably get better response because many users won't respond to a new post on a topic that is fifteen years old.  Don't forget to post your code there because we can't see all the hidden stuff.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(526 Views)

What bilko said...

but also you are opening a COM port, writing to it and closing it and only then do you open the other port. Both ports should be open by the time you write to one.

Here's an example when i needed what you need now, but keep in mind it's for a specific purpose and might not work for you without changes. Mostly works only one way.

pfwd.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(501 Views)

Most serial communication issues can be solved by watching this video: VIWeek 2020/Proper way to communicate over serial

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(473 Views)