LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LabVIEW with Microcontrollers

Hi Sir,

I want to buy a microcontroller that can be programmed in LABVIEW, so that I can make small small projects like controlling motors, making some robo hands etc., Can you please say me how to start working on that. Also please kindly specify me a micro controller to start with. I am very new only know how to program in LABVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,711 Views)

hi,

we need few more information about.

a).which micro controller your using.

b).labview version. 

c).which programmer module use for downloading. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,663 Views)

If you dig around on the LabVIEW Tools Network, there is a toolkit for programming an Arduino.

Another option is to get a myRIO from NI.  It is meant for acedemic use, but you can still buy one.  It uses a Linux RealTime controller and an FPGA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,639 Views)

NI's business model is to sell you software AND hardware.  Besides what is mentioned above there isn't much else.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,628 Views)

Yup sounds like a myRIO would work best.  They are $500 for academics which might seem like a lot if you compare it to an Arduino, but having a full real time Linux operating system, combined with an FPGA, WIFI, USB host, AIO, DIO, SPI, UART, I2C, and audio in and out, make it a very cool package for doing all kinds of projects with lots of horsepower.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,616 Views)

There is also an option to use the Rasberry PI. 

Look at LabVIEW Makerhub for how to get LabVIEW to work with a PI or Bealgebone Black

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,577 Views)