LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2 digital waveform different phase

If i want to generate digital waveform for three phase voltage source inverter for gate drive by using usb6009 ,how should i proceed because when i designed square wave it is not pure square wave. When i take not gate for bottom switch it overlaps the top switch somewhere.Please suggest me the logic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,259 Views)

Hi 3s,

no need to hijack an old thread about "2 digital waveforms" when you want to generate "3 phase waveforms"…

how should i proceed because when i designed square wave it is not pure square wave. When i take not gate for bottom switch it overlaps the top switch somewhere.Please suggest me the logic.

Why should we "suggest logic" when you don't supply any (hard) requirements? I guess you learned about this topic in highschool/university and already know the basics about inverters!? (I also think Wikipedia will provide enough information on this topic.)

On your question:

- How did you "design square wave"?

- Why is the waveform not "pure square"? (What is "not pure square" at all?)

- Why is there a "gate for bottom"? Why does it "overlap" the "top switch"? How can two switches "overlap"?

three phase voltage source inverter for gate drive by using usb6009

The USB6009 is an old and cheap USB device which most certainly is not suitable for your task as it only offers software-timed digital outputs. Unless you want to drive your inverter at just ~50Hz switching frequency you should start by gathering all requirements and choosing suitable hardware for your task!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,247 Views)

see this is my logic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,197 Views)

Hi 3s,

what kind of "logic" did you implement?

There are just 3 simulate signal functions and some graphs. (Most of the code isn't used btw.)

When you want to display something "useful" in your graphs you should generate more than just one sample per iteration…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,190 Views)