LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw Ethernet Packet

Dear sir,

We are trying to establish communication between FPGA board and PC. Here FPGA transmits the data which is in raw Ethernet frame format. Now PC should receive the same data without filtering like

DD DD DD DD SS SS SS SS TP <data> where “DD” is the Destination Address, ”SS” is the Source Address and “TP” is the type of Protocol.

Kindly let me know the implementation procedure for the above mentioned issue in LabVIEW.

Thanks & Regards,

S Nagaraju

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,166 Views)

Use a FIFO to transmit the bytes of data of the packet to the PC and then decode them. For efficiency I think you can combine the bytes into U32s and unpack them on the PC side (I think FIFOs transmit 32-bytes of data even if you select a smaller data type). You may want to add some sort of header to the message so you can find the start/end of each received packet on the PC side.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,157 Views)

LabVIEW has no APIs for dealing with raw Ethernet. All of the relevant APIs are wrappers for implementation of higher level protocols. If you really want to handle the Ethernet data directly, I think you can use WinPcap, and there should be some wrappers for it if you search here, but I have no experience with it.

(3,085 Views)