LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry to labview

Guys, im a new user to LabVIEW, i need your help.

I have a problem, i tried to connect a raspberry pi 2 b to LabVIEW 2021, but LabVIEW doesn't detect the raspberry.

The raspberry was connected to a HMI with Windows and LabVIEW 2020, but the HMI is dead.

How can I solve this problem?

Zarate73_0-1699987622660.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(498 Views)

Hi Zarate,

@Zarate73 wrote:

I have a problem, i tried to connect a raspberry pi 2 b to labview 2021, but labview doesn't detect the raspberry.

The raspberry was connected to a HMI with Windows and Labview 2020, but the HMI is dead.

I guess there is a toolkit missing.

Did you install Linx/Hobbyist toolkit with your LabVIEW2021 installation?

@Zarate73 wrote:

Guys, im a new user to labview, i need your help.

As can be seen how you write "LabVIEW". (Please use the correct capitalization… :-D)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(479 Views)

@GerdW  ha escrito:

Hi Zarate,

@Zarate73 wrote:

I have a problem, i tried to connect a raspberry pi 2 b to labview 2021, but labview doesn't detect the raspberry.

The raspberry was connected to a HMI with Windows and Labview 2020, but the HMI is dead.

Thank you GerdW, I installed LINX because that was my first problem, but now I've got this.

I don't know how to communicate with the raspberry.

@GerdW  ha escrito:

As can be seen how you write "LabVIEW". (Please use the correct capitalization… :-D)

Okay, LabVIEW as of now. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(472 Views)

@Zarate73 wrote:

@GerdW  ha escrito:

Hi Zarate,

@Zarate73 wrote:

Thank you GerdW, I installed LINX because that was my first problem, but now I've got this.

That's most likely your problem right there. LabVIEW 2021 and later needs the Hobbyist Toolkit. LINX is for older LabVIEW versions and installing LINX into LabVIEW 2021 or later will actually mess up some things.

There is the Digilent LINX Toolkit 3.0.1.192 which is for LabVIEW versions 2016 until 2019.

Then there is the NI LabVIEW LINX 1.0.0.1 which is for LabVIEW 2020, although it says LabVIEW 2020 and later.

Then there is the LabVIEW Hobbyist Toolkit which has individual downloads for every LabVIEW version since 2021.

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/tools-network/download.labview-hobbyist-toolkit.html#487435

The whole versioning and name chance is a bit unfortunate but it is what it is and can't be changed now (well it could but would make things even more confusing).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(396 Views)