From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random values in TCP transmission

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I'm capturing a single grayscale frame (160x120) and sending it through TCP to a C-program. The issue is that before reading the actual pixel values in the console, the first 8 bytes consists of some two random values that is "120" and "160", as shown in the picture below. It seems like those two values are 32-bit unsigned integers, since they each represent 4 bytes. Do the values come from the LabVIEW code shown below ?. 

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,413 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oesen

Didn't you already get the answer to this in your original message thread?  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Sending-8-bit-unsigned-integer-in-LabVIEW/m-p/2695753

The one you marked as solved?

The one where it was mentioned that the Flatten to String has an input about whether or not you want to prepend the arrays size?

Do you really consider the values of 160 and 120 "random" when in your post you even mentioned you had a 160 x 120 array?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,408 Views)

Thanks for the reply RavensFan

I'm sorry. I didn't read the second post, since the first one actually solved my problem and was related to my question.

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,395 Views)