LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTI DDS

Hi

I wanted to know how can we read enum datatype inside a cluster in labview when monitoring the data in RTI DDS protocol. At present we are not able to read the enum dataype inside a cluster using RTI as we tried to define the enum as a typedef but still it is not working. .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(828 Views)

You probably need to provide significantly more information than throwing some acronyms at us and talk about something "not working".

Are you using any specific toolkit? If so, did you try to get help from whoever wrote the toolkit? What have you tried? Can you attach some simplified code that demonstrates the problem? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(815 Views)

If you are using this Toolkit: https://www.rti.com/products/add-on-products/dds-labview you will need to talk to them. I'm pretty sure that chances that someone who is active on this forum and uses that is fairly small. There have been in the past people on this forum who used that but they tend to work on a specific solution, make it work (or not) and move on without checking these forums for other people who ask for help.

If you are not using their toolkit you definitely have to provide a lot more information including what you have already done and what functions you use. And yes that includes any VIs you already have done.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(751 Views)

We encountered this problem in the past and our workaround was to cast the enum to a u8 and pass an intermediary cluster through DDS (i.e., exactly the same as the initial cluster but with the enum in the cluster substituted with a u8) and then cast it back to the expected cluster type on the other side. Obviously this creates some coupling between applications since your definition of the enum is not being enforced by the DDS QoS, but sometimes you unfortunately have to do something you don't like just to get something to work.

We're version locked on 2.1.1 of the DDS toolkit, which is a few years old, so maybe it's natively supported now and the intermediary step isn't needed. RTI should be able to answer that question.

intermediary_cluster.png

note: I know that cluster is not a typedef, I just put this together for illustrative purposes

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(720 Views)