LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT programming for cRIO/sbRIO *.ctl cluster

Seems to me much more likely that you have an empty array, but without knowing what you're seeing I can't be sure. If you have unapplied type definition changes, then the VI containing the type definition will not be in a runnable state - the run arrow will be broken - and clicking the run arrow will bring up the error list, which will show which type definition has unapplied changes.

If you created an array of cluster type definitions by dropping the type definition into an empty array constant, then you'll get an empty array of that cluster type (a 0-element array). You need to specifically assign values to array constant elements in order for those elements to exist.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(305 Views)

I did create a cluster control we'll call xyz.ctl and dropped into an array constant. I am not sure how to specifically assign values to array constant elements in order for those elements to exist.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(291 Views)
Right-click on the cluster inside the array. Unchecked the option to view as an icon. You'll see the cluster as actual data. Changing any data item causes that array element to exist, as well as all array elements up to that index.

Try this out for yourself with a simple data type (Boolean or numeric) in an array constant or control. Drag the edge of the array to show multiple elements. Edit the value at some index in the middle and see what happens to all the other elements up to that one.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(284 Views)