LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT embedded UI appearance

Any tips on how to get an embedded UI to look professional on a cRIO-9035?  I'm using a bunch of arrays to run 16 tests simultaneously, and I was hoping to have everything line up.  Because the 9035 runs of XFCE, though, everything is displaying differently.  Is there a way to simulate the XFCE rendering on a Win7 PC, or do you all have any tricks you've used to help make sure things line up?

The attached picture is a monitor plugged into the 9035 and my laptop running Win7 (the laptop already looks a little wonky because I was trying to adjust to make things line up on the cRIO).

Thanks,
  Jeff

Win7 vs XFCE

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,246 Views)

These types of issues are typically due to fonts.  Try using a font that you know everybody has installed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(3,231 Views)

Thanks for the feedback.  It turned out to be a combination of using the standard font sizes (14 instead of 15), using property nodes to manage the height of array elements, and just manually adjusting things up and down to line up better.

I've attached a picture of what it wound up looking like on W7 to be square on the chassis monitor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,176 Views)

I didn't see it suggested, so I'll mention that using system controls for UI development.  These control types are going to look the way the system (whatever system it is) makes it look.  This usually means a better consistency of control sizes, and position.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,172 Views)