From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT digital input-output problems when using myRIO FPGA Vision

Hi all!
I'm making a custom FPGA/RT project using myRIO at my university. I'd like to make a turret/sentry camera that can track an object with predefined color.
14453971_645759162264118_1222257419_o(1).jpgThe turret has two DC motors and a webcam controlled by the myRIO.The webcam's continous stream of images are processed with an FPGA program using the Vision Express VI. I modified an existing Vision FPGA example. The FPGA and real time part of the image processing seems to work well, but when I try to open a DIO line on the RT VI (to controll the motors) everything goes wrong.
If the I start the DIO line first (on the host) and then the FPGA, the FPGA program doesn't execute. If I start the FPGA first and wait for the system ready input the DIO doesn't work and give the following error:
LabVIEW could not perform the operation because an FPGA VI reference to another VI is currently open.

Both the motor controlling and image processing part work individually but not together. I even tried to turn on the MyRIO's LEDs testing the DIO lines when running the FPGA program, but it dindn't work either. I got the same error.

I attached my cutsom FPGA project.

(Sorry for my bad english.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,676 Views)