LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT - Labview - Command Parser - Bioreactor

For the attached example, the Bioreactor program includes a command parser (which is good programming practice). Should only the commands from the host/HMI be included in the parser? In other words, if one was writing a program similar to this, should only the commands on the host/HMI be included, or if there was a state added to the state machine, should that state be added to the parser (IF IT IS NOT COMMAND ON THE HMI)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,248 Views)

States and commands are not the same thing. Study the code you posted.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,242 Views)

I have and if I understood it, I would not ask. I am sure LabView and its RT utility are powerful tools if you know how to use them. I've been through the RT1 class, but NI left me stranded after that. They really stink on support and deny of any wrongdoing. So I appreciate the help.

Should only the commands from the host/HMI be included in the parser? In other words, if one was writing a program similar to this, should only the commands on the host/HMI be included, or if there was a state added to the state machine, should that state be added to the parser (IF IT IS NOT COMMAND ON THE HMI)?

It looks like only commands from the UI Event Handler are parsed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,198 Views)
I can't comment on the NI training, I've never taken any. However, if you like classroom training and you only took the RT class, you would probably find it helpful to take the standard LabVIEW classes too. The questions you're asking are not at all specific to RT.

I think you've already answered your own question.

Again, states and commands are not the same, there may not even be a direct correspondence between them. The parser acts on commands. What would it mean to add a state to the parser that isn't a command?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,190 Views)