LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS 232 Temp Data Logger to Excel

Using some examples I modified different VIs to acquire 8 channels of data through my serial port. I need to transfer the data to a spreadsheet. I used the spreadsheet VI but the problem I am having is i logs one set of data (all 8 data points). What I need is for me to be able to run my VI for a period of time and the resulting spreadsheet should contain the data for the entire period. I've tried different approaches but the new data is alway overwritting the old data (so I end up with one set of data). I do not have the MS Office report addon or whatever it's called and don't even want to suggest to my superv. that we need it (times are tight!). Any help would greatly be appreciated.

THANKS!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,376 Views)
"Write to spreadsheet.vi" has an input called "append to file?" which defaults to False. This will cause the file to be overwritten each time thru the loop. Wire a TRUE to this to have the new data appended to the existing file. You probably want to have it FALSE on the first iteration of the loop and TRUE for the remaining.

~Tim
Message 2 of 2
(2,376 Views)