LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROTATION OF SCALED IMAGES

HI,

As a part of of my project i want to rotate images into different angles..!! But that rotated images not seemed like i want. There is some portion not filled.so i attached to images one is my orginal image. and 2nd one is rotated image which is the form i want,in this image the width of black line is important.other parameter can be changed. Can anyone help to solve this problem????

_thanking you 

julin

IamAKR
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,164 Views)

Dear RAGIL,

any sample VI, please? What functions are you using to rotate your picture, please?

It seems that your picture is scaled by 1/cos(RotAngle) to fill the existing empty space up to the borders.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,147 Views)

i am attaching the labview program file below!!! 

faithfully

akhilkr

IamAKR
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,127 Views)

You are using IMAQ Rotate, right? According to the help, the default value for MaintainSize is True, which maintains the image window size. Try setting this to False to see if you get what you want.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,124 Views)

Also, as pointed out above, you want the image to have no empty pixels, achieved presumably by scaling up the image size to fill the image window. IMAQ Rotate has an optional input to set pixels that have no previous value to a desired value, but the nature of rotating a rectangular region to an arbitrary angle and representing it in a rectangular image will be to have dead triangular regions around it. You will need a source image larger than the intended target image and then crop to the good area after rotating.

See this illustration to show what I mean: http://i.stack.imgur.com/KWoeo.jpg

Message 5 of 9
(3,123 Views)

its not working!!!

IamAKR
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,106 Views)

@RAGIL wrote:

its not working!!!

not helpful

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,098 Views)

HI, 

can you make the same image by as you said(i.e 1/cos(RotAngle)).I made pic by another method, which was very lengthy program.So can u make same image as i made by your idea... 

faithfully akhil kr

IamAKR
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,048 Views)
I am sorry, I do not have access to IMAQ Rotate or any other image rotation function. IMO, it would be helpful to elaborate, what was "not working" on Thoric suggestion.

Cheers,
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,010 Views)