LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question on event handler

Not every day that I "inspire" so many "corner cases".  I forget which one of my LabVIEW colleagues described the evolution of LabVIEW developers -- I think it started and ended the say way (maybe with Local Variables?).  

Bob "Boolean" Schor

Message 11 of 15
(425 Views)

Bob, it's nothing personal.  I've been programming LabVIEW so long, it's hard to keep track of everything that LabVIEW can do.

Instead, I have switched over to just remembering everything where LabVIEW can trip me up and assuming, in the absence of any mental notes, that LabVIEW otherwise works as one would expect (After over 20 years of getting acquainted - it takes tiime to get into the mental model of LabVIEW).

As such, the first thing which pops into my head when something like this is posted is "How can this bite me in the a$$?".....

Message 12 of 15
(412 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Not every day that I "inspire" so many "corner cases".  I forget which one of my LabVIEW colleagues described the evolution of LabVIEW developers -- I think it started and ended the say way (maybe with Local Variables?). 

Close.  It was actually on Global Variables.  I would have to do some digging in the Breakpoint to find the reference again.

Here is the latest version that I kept.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 13 of 15
(404 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

Bob, it's nothing personal.  I've been programming LabVIEW so long, it's hard to keep track of everything that LabVIEW can do.

I agree, and have the grey hairs (still have a few) to show for it ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(383 Views)

Wow I didn't expected that much.

Thanks for all your replies on the matter.

@Intaris quite an enthousiast indeed, a former Schroedinger's student ?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(376 Views)