LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queues in User events

Hi,

I have a main vi which uses user events to communicate with child vi's. The problem, At the exit of the program Main vi (Parent vi) generates user event to save settings of all the child vi's and child vi's send the settings, If i have 10 child vi's i recieve  settings of only one child vi and some emty variant. So, how to avoid this kind of a problem using queues, If any efficient solution please to advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,030 Views)

Events have queues.  So that isn't your problem.  You will need to share some code if you want us to help you diagnose this error.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,027 Views)

Hi,

I had a question, for eg: if i have 50 child vi's on FP, and if i generate a user event from main Vi, which child vi will respond first? When i generate user event in Main vi, how does actual reach to all child vi, I mean to say one by one or simultaneous? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,018 Views)

Assuming everybody is registered for the event, everybody will get the event at about the same time.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,995 Views)
Hi,

Thanks a lot, ok. In the above example if 50 child gets event at the same time. How do v actually recognise all 50 response from child vi's? So, what's the method to get response one by one from all child vi's ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,975 Views)

@jay0909 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks a lot, ok. In the above example if 50 child gets event at the same time. How do v actually recognise all 50 response from child vi's? So, what's the method to get response one by one from all child vi's ?

You could generate response events, or if you want to wait for all to finish you can use a Rendevouz e.g.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,961 Views)
Hi,
Could you please explain me in detail. Since, child vi's are the clones of original vi, how can v actually generate response event?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,943 Views)

Ok, that doesn't make any architectural sense.  You have a single instance of a VI closing all of the other instances of the same VI?  So what makes that one so special?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,916 Views)
Your descriptions are very confused. Can you show us some code and explain specifically what it is that you want to do?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,896 Views)