LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queued State Machine CLD examples

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, i will be taking soon the CLD exam and i wanted to know if theres some Queued State Machine examples/solutions of old exams i could study from. Been searching around and all i can find is really simple examples while im searching for more complex stuff to learn. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(735 Views)

@domcorrado wrote:

Hello, i will be taking soon the CLD exam and i wanted to know if theres some Queued State Machine examples/solutions of old exams i could study from. Been searching around and all i can find is really simple examples while im searching for more complex stuff to learn. Thank you!

There's nothing wrong with "simple".  Try starting with the template included with LabVIEW (but don't modify the template, itself - copy it somewhere).  But ultimately use the design pattern that you are most comfortable with that satisfies the requirements.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(718 Views)

obviously you are right. what i meant to say is more like, i already know the basics of the structure and how it works, i wanted to know how people manage advanced stuff like timing or file i/o etc. with this type of design pattern

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(691 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author domcorrado

@domcorrado wrote:

obviously you are right. what i meant to say is more like, i already know the basics of the structure and how it works, i wanted to know how people manage advanced stuff like timing or file i/o etc. with this type of design pattern

Oh, I see - like real world examples.  So for file I/O, I do path init and stuff in an "initialize" state and then file reading in its own state.  Writes, if any, go in its own state - or maybe even in its own loop if it is continuously writing.

I guess you could start out with Googling the design pattern; it is likely that you'll get much more useful hits than if you did a search in this forum.  A Google search will return relevant hits in this forum; searching in this forum almost never gives me anything useful.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(680 Views)