cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue function seems to overwrite values

Solved!
Go to solution

Antonia,

depending on the speed of the iteration it is possible that you don't visually see the timeout LED to turn on and off again. Imagine the situation that 1 package per 1000 times out. Then we can assume that the next iteration after the timeout can immediatly enqueue. Depending on the code execution time of the package generation segment, the LED is maybe turned on for less than 1ms..... which is not perceivable by human eyes.

How many packages do you think are "overwritten" (in %)?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,739 Views)

Dear Norbert,

I also put a rising edge detector and a counter function that I can measure how often it timed out more objective and the counter stays at zero, very strange. I am not sure, from the images it seems more like the queue is only writting some values to be faster and that is why the image is reapeated in one frame, could that be?
Thanks for your help again.

Kind regards,
Antonia

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,736 Views)

Antonia,

does your question refer to the first or the second queue?

Do you have an error on the FPGA interface?

I'm not sure if your logic for enqueueing in the first queue is correct. From what i see and understand from you code, you enqueue only if the available bytes in the DMA (elements remaining) are LESS than the number of Pixels per Image. Is that really the desired procedure?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,731 Views)

Dear Norbert,

For the first queue. I don't have any errors on the FPGA interface.
I think it should be find I am using the 1-Tap 8-Bit Camera with Frame Trigger example provided by Labview and changed it to my purposes but I kept the principle design. How would you suggest to read the data?

Kind regards,
Antonia

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,726 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author antonialichtenegger

Antonia,

i am not aware of that example. However, you should use probes to find out if data values match expected setups before enqueueing things. I consider that there could be a mess-up.

Norbert

EDIT: My recommendation is to start to break down the VI. First, check if data you get from the FPGA is 'valid' regarding your requirements. Then add back the queue but use an 'empty' reader. Does that get all data as expected? If so, continue to rebuild the complete VI until you start to run in issues again. You can use disable structures to remove code you don't want to execute without deleting it.

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,718 Views)

Dear Norbert,

Thank you so much that was a great idea with splitting up the acquisition. I solved my problem now. I doubled checked and it was really the read out was wrong as you described it in the previous post. I also integrated a flush the queue and now it works perfectly fine, great! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Antonia

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,708 Views)