LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about HP 34401a LabView 2018 Driver.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to using Labview 2018 to read DC voltage from a HP 34401a voltage. 

The driver was downloaded from here http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=014E7F05D12C6F8BE0440003BA7CCD...

The problem is when I use NI MAX test panel to read the multimeter there is no error,

Luyang_0-1619904388310.png

but when I try to use the example vi. read single measurement, it gives me error like this

Luyang_1-1619904585933.png

If I disable the ID query in initialize.vi, the read single measurement vi will stuck at configure measurement for several minutes. Then it will give the following error message  

Luyang_2-1619905076107.png

It looks like the vi is reading 0 voltage, which is correct. But why does it give this error? Could someone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(797 Views)

The MAX display looks wrong too. It may seem to work but the information you see in the read response is wrong!

The IDN?\n command should return an identification string, not a measurement value. And the first read only returns a partial measurement value. Also you can’t just do a read to test it but need to do a query where the command gets written and then the response read. The device seems to be in an auto measurement mode where it keeps spewing data that accumulates in the incoming buffer so you have to study its manual.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(738 Views)

Feels like the instrument is stuck in some kind of constant measurement mode where it's just spitting out readings.  Consult your manual to see how to get it out of that mode.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(717 Views)