From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding storing FXP in DRAM [FlexRIO]

Hi,

I have a matrix of numbers between (-1,1) generated in MATLAB as DBL via the script node. I would like to store these numbers (converted to FXP-16,2)  in DRAM to be used for other purposes. It looks like unlike FIFOs, the DRAM (memory) primitive only accepts integer data types.

1. How do I faithfully convert FXP (x,y) to I16 and back, preferably optimized for use in a SCTL on the FPGA? Ideally, I would like to convert say x.yyy to xyyy and back without using divide.
  2. When data is written to DRAM, is the entire block (array) written at once or is it written element by element?
  3. I am following the example here. I think I understand how it works, but I am stuck at step 1. https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/NI-FlexRIO-Basic-DRAM-Example/ta-p/3500004

Hardware: 7966R FlexRIO + 5781 Module, LV2019-f2 update.

I have successfully stored the Matrix as a front panel array, but I would like to leverage and learn how to use onboard DRAM. My ultimate goal is to learn to use the DRAM as a buffer.

I realize it is strange to be asking questions without a minimum working example, but I am well and truly stuck here.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,499 Views)