LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Analog Output capabilities of BNC-2110 and PCI-6251

Hi all.  I'm trying to create an analog output using BNC-2110 and PCI-6251, this will be used to trigger a laser.  The requirements are 5volts for 100 microseconds at 5mA to fire.  Would my equipment be capable? 

The laser won't be continuously fired, only a couple of pulses during the VI, so I'll need to be able to control the timing of the analog output.  If someone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,351 Views)

From the specifications on the analog output of the 6251, the output voltage range is +/-10 V or +/-5 V and the current drive is +/- 5 mA. The analog output can also update at 2.86 MS/s with one channel so creating an analog pulse within that timeframe shouldn't be a problem. 

If you're looking for analog generation examples, they can be found in LabVIEW Help » Find Examples » Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx » Analog Generation. If you're controlling the pulse from a boolean control, then you can just set your generation to occur every time the boolean changes. If you're trying to trigger the generation off an external source (such as a PFI line) then I would recommend looking at some of the Retriggerable examples within Analog Generation.  

Jake H | Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,332 Views)