LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about "Error 1172 occurred at invoke node error calling method"

Hi!

I'm trying to using Labview 2020 to link coupled spectrometer control software Lightfield (version: 6.12.3) and PI stage E-518 for continuous spectrum acquisition in the area.

Spectrometer model: Princeton Instruments HR300

The whole process needs to collect 6400 data, but when the 3319th spectrum data is taken, Labview pops up an error message window, and the spectrometer software'lightfield' automatically exits. The pop-up error window is as follows:

error_report2.2_after_firstclick_continue.png

Then I clicked the 'Continue'  button, and the window appeared as below:

_20210502145404.png

And then I clicked the "Stop" button, the error window disappeared, and  automatically pop up the following window:

微信截图_20210502150002.png

Excuse me, what caused this error? Is it because I collected too many data points? Specifically, is the spectrometer software "lightfield" crashed due to excessive data, or is there a connection problem between labview and the spectrometer software lightfield, or is it another reason?

Thank you! I look forward to replying!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,291 Views)

I can’t translate the asian looking characters but the English text about the remote object having expired either sounds like a licensing issue or a somewhat weird wording indicating that the object it tries to reference has been closed by another operation you did elsewhere already.

Since you only posted a pic of the code we can’t look at the code in detail so you have to try to work with this information.

The LabVIEW interface is only a thin interface that communicates with the Princeton application as an out of process server. And that interface tries to access an object that has “expired”. The term expired often refers to software licensing being invalid but the fact that it refers to an object makes me believe that it tries to reference an object that has either not been properly initialized or already closed by another method you called before. The wording is weird but all we have available.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,255 Views)

Thank you for your patient answers. I will try to find the reason for thinking in accordance with your ideas. My English is not very good. I have translated all the text in the error box into English

System.Reflection.TargetinvocationException: An exception occurred in the target of the call.

Inner exception

System.runtime.remoting.remotingException: Failed to connect to the IPC port: the system cannot find the file specified.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,251 Views)

So do you have a Princeton Instrument application installed on your PC in addition to the ActiveX or .Net interface that you call from LabVIEW?

Does this application startup in the background when you start your LabVIEW program?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,245 Views)

Yes! The Princeton application 'lightfield' is installed on our computer. And when Labview is running, the program will be called to start. Could the Princeton program crash for some reason, causing labview to report this error?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,147 Views)