LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Multiplot XY Graphs

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding 'waveform' data.... is it true that you can only use it if you have a constant timebase (sampling period)?

Regards
Adam
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,449 Views)
Hi Adam,

Yes, the Waveform Data Type (WDT) is basically a cluster that includes "t0", "dt" and the data array "Y". "t0" defines the time of the first point in the waveform, "dt" (delta t) represents the time distance between the samples. As an example, if you have a Waveform consisting of 1000 samples, "t0" is 5:00:00 p.m. and "dt" is 0.100 second, then the last sample in the Waveform will have been acquired at...(don't look until you have the answer!)

...5:01:39.9 p.m. (to end at 5:01:40 the first measurement should have been at 5:00:00.1).

If you want to have data without fixed "dt" you should use the XY representation - a cluster with two 1D-arrays, one representing the X-values and the other the corresponding Y-values. Each element pair from the two arrays will now create a point on a XY Graph.

I hope you get the point.

Have fun!
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,442 Views)

Dear all.

i have make on system in which there is 16 channels are coming and dispayin the status of the system...on 16 graphs...bt the problem what i m facing is that my memory gets full and its stop acquisition bz there is no more space in my excel sheet...

can any body help me to solve the problem...

Sahara

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,255 Views)
Hello Sahara,

Are you seeing a LabVIEW error with execution of your application?  What version of LabVIEW are you using?  In the future, you will probably have quicker responses to questions if you create a new thread for a new question.  This thread was active a few years ago.  Have a great evening.

Cheers!

Bob
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,229 Views)

I agree this belongs in a new thread, because the problem has nothing to do with multiplot xy graphs.

You say yourself that the limit is with excel, and there is nothing in LabVIEW that can solve an excel limitation.

You have other alternatives. Maybe you can save your data in a non-proprietary format instead. Pleas tell us a little bit more about your application.

Message 15 of 17
(1,223 Views)
i m publlishing my complete problem in one new thread with my VI
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,203 Views)

I have a problem with multiploting in XY graphs, I have read many threads but I can't understand how to do it... I receive realtime data in DBL... and also the time in seconds of the sample. I saw in an example of somebody's thread how to use shift registers, and the arrays and everything, and it works fine with one sample, but the other 15?? Do I have to create 15 arrays? I think so... but I don't know how to use the shift registers like that. I hope someone can help me..

I attach my VI (it isn't complete but my objective is to show how I want to graph the data). I used a Xscale offset property node in a waveform chart in order to show the time received, but it didn't work because it was lagging (because the sample rate it's not constant, I think), so I want to try the XY graph to show the correct time...

Thank you for your answers!!  =]

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(954 Views)