LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query related to web camera in starter kit 2.0 Robot

Hello,

I m  studying in master degree(computer science) .  I have starter kit 2.0 Robot . i want to acquire images  from web camera .  Starter kit 2.0 Robot have only two port RS232  and  DB9 port . i have  usb  web camera .

any one have any idea . what i have to do ? can i work with usb web camera in starter kit 2.0 Robot ?

or any other suggestion for acquire images  from web camera in starter kit 2.0 Robot. ?

Thanks

Nirav Virpara

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,419 Views)

Hello Nirav,

Unfortunately I can't think of any way to integrate a USB camera with the sbRIO, which is used in the Robotics Starter Kit, because of the lack of USB port and RT webcam drivers.

You can use Basler or Axis IP cameras with this hardware but note that these are more costly than your standard webcam. For a full list of available cameras please refer to the product's data sheet, found here.

May I ask exactly what you will be using the camera for?

Thank you,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,402 Views)

Hello Sir,

Right now i m just doing small project that if red color detect in camera then robot follow red color object .... thats it ... 🙂

Thanks

Nirav

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,385 Views)

Hi Nirav,

Thank you for your response. If you are simply detecting colour differences I would suggest using an Infra-red camera. Did you look at the Data Sheet I sent regarding the Robotics Kit? If you refer to that you can see what IR cameras are supported. 

Thank you,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,381 Views)