LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding getting data from a while loop

Hi,

I need help regarding getting data out of a while loop. I am using USRP N210 and LabVIEW 2020. My issue is that  on the receiver side, I want data, getting out of the fetch data sub VI, to take to another loop in which I want a multiplication of the received and transmitted signal to get the beat frequency. Now the issue I am facing is that there is no data coming out of that while loop of the receiver side. Means the connecting wire between the loop of the receiver and the loop of the multiplication is not showing any data. Either it becomes empty after getting out of the loop or something else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(535 Views)

It is hard to help you with a vi that we cannot see. If you could include a vi showing what you're trying to do it would be helpful.

My first thought is that you need to go back and look at the LabVIEW training materials as I suspect this is a misunderstanding of how LabVIEW works. LabVIEW is a dataflow language. Data will flow from one node (a loop in this case) to another once all data is available at the first node (the loop stops in this case). There are many ways to pass data from one loop to another while both are running. I generally use queues. Others like channel wires. Other approaches tend to be lossy and are generally not preferred for data communication.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(527 Views)