From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QMH Message Management

@drjdpowell wrote:

@Blokk wrote:

About the naming of the "User Events", I totally agree 🙂 Very misleading name, the "Custom Events" just would make more sense 🙂

To the C++ programs who wrote the Event system, we're the "Users", hence the name.

I digress: This is one of my pet peeves, I would love for the C++ programmers at NI LabVIEW R&D to think of some of their LabVIEW Users as developers and not as users, and yes, this explains the name chosen... that doesn't make it the right name though 😉  Custom events, dynamic events would have been better names, but they were introduced long long long ago, too late to change the name.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 34
(1,266 Views)

Blokk wrote:

I join for asking about the DQMH "getting started" 🙂

BTW, the DQMH also ships with a shipping example that shows a temperature chamber (singleton DQMH module) and Units Under Test (cloneable DQMH modules). It even shows integration with TestStand. 

There is a video showing that example, called "TestStand DQMH Examples" and it is part of the DQMH videos playlist: http://bit.ly/DelacorQMH

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 34
(1,255 Views)

Thanks Fabiola for the many useful info!

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 34
(1,242 Views)

Here is a little "food for thought" for all the fans of using user events (and the event structure itself, of course) and corresponding frameworks for communication between parallel running pieces of LabVIEW code (loops, "modules", "actors", "active objects"):

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Eleven-Ways-to-Update-an-Indicator-from-within-a-subVI-Their/td-p/3...

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 34
(485 Views)