From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzled by changing array size of Gaussian curve (or Gaussian fit)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using an instrument that inputs a 1D array signal. When you plot it, it looks very similar to a Guassian function (it looks very smooth too).

What I want to do is to change the size of the array of that input function (basically I want to increase its array size).

For example, when you look at the attached image, you will see that the size of the curve in the picture on the left, which is the RAW INPUT, = 70. 

What I want to do is to change that size to a number of interest (for example, let's say 80)...

So basically I want to insert 10 new numbers into the array (into random places) but I want those 10 numbers to fit on the best-fit-line of the signal (As you see in the picture on the right).

So I tried to use Guassian fit, and cubic spline fit... etc but none of thsoe functions allow me to change the array size of the output fit.

None of them give you the equation of the best-fit-line either.. so I cannot solve Y for a known X. 

This is very important to me to continue my project.

Thanks Alot

m.s.m.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,098 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mina.s.m.

Look at the Interpolation sub-palette in the Mathematics palette.  You may find somthing there which will work for you.  It will not be adding points on the equation but should allow you to get more points along your curve.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,090 Views)