LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push button timestamp and save to TDMS file

I trying to capture manually by pushing a pushbutton to time stamp of a defect I see when gathering the analog signal. I would like to build it in an array to save to the TDMS file when I close the program.

I wanted to originally pull from the waveform component off the Analog WFm channel and do an event.  But I am having difficulty completing this.  I might be going at this all wrong. Can someone assist me learn the correct way to do this.

The capturing of the signal is good and everything is saving in the first 2 tabs, Time and Amplitude.

My problem is this. I start the program, choose the location to save(good), push ok to start the time stamp(good), then I say trigger it 5 times manually. Stop the manual trigger the array fills then I push stop next to graph to save the TDMS file. TDMS pops up on screen and I navigate to the 3 tab where I manually triggered the time 5 times and I get list of them. 

Any help would be greatly appricated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(780 Views)

This is an update to my earlier question.  I ended up moving the 3rd tab outside of the while loop and writing the array after indexing the pushbutton presses.  It works.  I do not know if it is the best or correct way.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(718 Views)