cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase/ Upgrade LabVIEW with Sound and Vibration Suite

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, NI Forums supporters,

I am new in LabVIEW but I am working on a project that needs to use LabVIEW in such toolkits : DAQmx, PID Control and Sound and Vibration Suite.

In the purpose of doing experiment on vibration, I need to utilize VIs of Sound and Vibration Suite, which has not been purchased in my institute. We had license of LabVIEW 2009 SP1. Unfortunately, I have an VI file written in LabVIEW 2010 from my partner. According to view VI files, there is a lack of following VIs:

- SVFA Power Spectrum.vi
- Application Directory.vi
- SVT FFT Spectrum (Mag-Phase).vi
- SVT Frequency response (Mag-Phase).vi
- SVFA Magnitude and Phase to Real and Imaginary.vi
- SVL get spectrum subset.vi
- SVT UFFT58 write.vi
- SVT UFFT58 write record 6.vi
- SVT HFFT58 close file.vi

I would like to confirm whether these VIs are provided in Sound and Viration Suite or/and from other Toolkits. If all of them can be found in Sound and Vibration Suite, what I have to do is to buy the Suite offer from NI, isn't it? How much I need to pay for this Suite.

In the other hand, if we would like to upgrade LabVIEW 2011 (which is said that to be capable to handle Time Delay problem better - for DAQ function), how much in total if we also purchase Sound and Vibration Suite 2011.

In comparison, which of two above options is better in terms of pricing.

For your information, I am working on my thesis at University in that means we would like to have academic license.

Plesea give me any ideas about this issue. I am so sorry if my post is not suitable to be posted here but I did send 2 emails to NI Germany (1 to Customer Service on NI webpage and 1 to Sales department) but there is no reply after more than 3 weeks.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

Thinh Vo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,399 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thinhvo

Hi thinhvo,

All of those VI's are in cluded in the Sound and Vibration Suite, which means this is the only additional package you would need to purchase.  From the NI website in the States, the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite costs $4119 USD.  Since I'm an applications engineer, I'm not at a position where I can advise you on pricing, and I'm sorry to say that it will be easiest for you to contact your sales engineers in Germany (I assume you are in Germany).  You may have better luck calling into support lines rather than emailing.

Thanks,

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,376 Views)

Hi Lisa,

thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, I am currently staying in Germany. That's why I contacted to Sales Department of NI Germany.

I will try to make a call into support line as you suggested.

Thinh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,366 Views)

Dear Lisa,

Are you still here for supporting.

I have installed Sound and Vibration Suite 2011 (SV) to use with LabVIEW Professional 2009 SP1. I have a concerns.

After I install SV to the computer and launch my VI in LabVIEW 2009, I could not find the SV menus to use (in block diagram windows). I found a link

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9A4BC69D802AD4D9862574FA004F0C20

for the same issue but I could not find the path as they mentioned. The addons SV still missing in the installed directory.

by the way, I can follow the path to find out VIs that I currently need to use. However, some VIs have different name. For example

I could not find  "SVFA Power Spectrum.vi" but "SVT Power Spectrum.vi"; "SVFA Magnitude and Phase to Real and Imaginary.vi" but "SVT Magnitude and Phase to Real and Imaginary.vi"

Similarly, I could not find "SVT Frequency response (Mag-Phase).vi" but "SVFA Frequency response (Mag-Phase).vi"

Do they have the same function? It makes me confused.

and I could not find  "SVT FFT Spectrum (Mag-Phase).vi"
Can you please explain me what should be the mistake while I installed SV 2011 (I can not find SV 2009 and for interation with UFF58 file, LabVIEW 2011 is required)
Thank you so much.
Thinh Vo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,336 Views)

Hi Thinh,

S&V 2011 requires LabVIEW 2011 according to this document: http://www.ni.com/support/labview/lvtool.htm#soundvib 

Regarding the VIs, they should have the same function, but SVFA corresponds to the Sound and Vibration Assistant that is installed with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit and can be used without LabVIEW.

The document that you found (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9A4BC69D802AD4D9862574FA004F0C20) is useful. Are you not able to find the files anywhere at all?

Thanks,

Carisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,320 Views)

Hi Carisa,

Yeah, I already installed LabVIEW 2011. After I installed some others Toolkits, the VI now is able to detect necessary VIs automatically.

However (again another new issue), the error list shows that :

SVT UFF58 Write Record 6 (and 6, 9, 10..) has sub VI (Set Property.VI) does not support the current target.

And, a very long error list follow as these sub VIs must be fixed errors before they all can run.

I am using PXI 8176. At the moment, I am looking for solution for this issue. Do you have any comments/suggestion?

I also just upgraded the Real Time Module on the RT target to ver 11.0

Should I do something like install more device drivers, although I got NI Device Drivers installed (https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evallvuser/content.xhtml)

I am greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you so much.

Best regards.

Thinh

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,312 Views)

Dear Carisa,

I have found out that the point is the missing Plug in UFF58 on the target machine.

I do not know how to add/install this Data plug in on the target machine.

I tried to use MAX to install as the other software but I could not find the Plug in in the available list

I also tried to use the build specification to add this plug in as the document below.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1CF250DDC68A13AC862572C20074B245

However, it seemed that the plug in are installed to the host computer only.

So, could you please tell me how to install the plug in to the target machine.

Thank you very much.

Thinh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,293 Views)

Hi Tinh,

Thanks for providing that information for me. Following the document you linked should be able to put the UFF58 plugin on the target machine when you run the exe you created. If for some reason this is not working, here is a link to the plugin: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3598

Hope this helps!

Best,

Carisa Leal

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,284 Views)

Dear Carisa,

Let me make it clearer.

I am using a host computer, connected to a "target machine" which is RT Controller PXI 8176 via ethernet.

I have built the Installer for UFF58 Data Plug in. This is done in the "Build Specification", under the list of Host Computer (In Project view, there is another list under target machine but I could not create the Installer whili right clicking on "Build Specicfication"). I added the current VI that I wanted to run, together with the Data Plug in. And when I run this Installer, all of selected features were installed on the host computer.

What is missing is the Data Plug in on the target machine. I already found out the link you mentioned but I could not be able to find the way to install the data plug in on the RT controller. This is not a computer that has operation system where we can install the plug in by copying the installer to the hard drive and run it.

I am wondering whether we can install the Data Plug in on the such target machine as RT controller (PXI 8176) or not, and how (if possible).

Thanks so much for your supports and your fllowing on this topic.

Have a nice week.

Best regards.

Thinh

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,270 Views)

Hi Thinh,

Thanks for the clarification. I found a known issue with LV 2009 SP1 involving UFF58. There is a link with a description and workaround here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9996#192280_by_Date

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,

Carisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,251 Views)